Family law is a complex and often emotionally charged area of the law. Our experienced family law team offers a high level of legal expertise and an understanding approach to the needs of all clients.
Each of our lawyers understands the difficult aspects of marriage and relationship breakdowns which involve a range of issues including arrangements for children as well as the financial aspects of such breakdowns. Our team is highly skilled in all aspects of family law including negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, mediation, collaborative law and, if all else fails, litigation. We are here to guide you through a difficult and unfamiliar process which can be stressful at times. We aim to achieve the best outcome possible in a cost effective and timely manner.
Our knowledge and expertise in dealing with the financial consequences of marriage and relationship breakdowns means we are also well placed to assist clients entering into relationships and marriages to protect assets from claims in future in the event of a separation.
At KCL Law, our family lawyers can advise you in all aspects of family law and related issues, including:
- children's matters, such as where children live, contact, choice of schooling and the right of children to have a meaningful relationship with both parents and other people, including grandparents;
- child support, including limited and binding child support agreements;
- collaborative law;
- family violence and intervention orders;
- financial agreements before, during and after de facto relationships and marriages, including asset protection;
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution;
- paternity issues;
- pre-nuptial agreements;
- property disputes, including complex matters involving businesses, companies and trusts;
- relocation matters, including interstate and overseas;
- same-sex matters;
- spousal maintenance; and
- superannuation agreements.
The Family Law practice is led by Principal Lawyer Anton Block, and complemented by Principal Lawyers, Gesualda Li Rosi and Rebecca Goldman, Senior Associates, Daniel Kolieb and Emmalaura Messer, Associates Dominique Mavroyeni and Kate Barlow, and Lawyers Priscilla McArdle and Evan Avtzis.
Recently, KCL Law's Family Law team was 'recommended' in the Doyle's Family Law Guide 2021 as a Leading Family & Divorce Law Firm — Melbourne.
Past recognition includes Principal Lawyer Gesualda Li Rosi and the Family Law team 'recommended' as a Leading Family & Divorce Lawyers — Melbourne and a Leading Family & Divorce Law Firm — Melbourne respectively in the Doyle's Family Law Guide 2019.
If you are interested in receiving our Family Law legal updates, please click here.
KCL Law © 2021
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.