Divorce traverses many areas of law — including company, tax, property and trusts — and Gesualda’s broad understanding of the law allows her to give clients virtually everything they need to get through the divorce and separation process.
Gesualda is very sympathetic to clients in this highly emotional area and has a reputation for trying to solve a client’s problem quickly, while at the same time ensuring that the best possible result is achieved.
Gesualda joined KCL Law in 2005 and was appointed a Principal Lawyer in January 2018.
In 2019, Gesualda was recognised for her expertise and ‘recommended’ in the the Doyle’s Family Guide Leading Family & Divorce Lawyer — Melbourne, 2019.
Areas of practice
- Bankruptcy and family law
- Children’s matters, including all aspects of parenting orders
- Child support, including agreements and adult child maintenance
- Collaborative law
- De facto and same-sex relationships
- Divorce applications
- Domestic violence and intervention orders
- Financial agreements, including agreements in anticipation of a relationship, during a relationship and post relationship breakdown
- Injunctions and restraining orders
- Property settlements and financial disputes, including complex financial matters and cross jurisdictional financial matters both within Australia and overseas
- Separate representation for children
- Spousal maintenance
- Superannuation splitting
- Taxation implications of settlements and separations
- Taxation of costs
Admitted to practice
- 1982 — Victoria and High Court of Australia
Gesualda is currently a member of the:
- Family Law Sections of the Law Institute of Victoria and Law Council of Australia
- Collaborative Professionals, Law of Institute of Victoria
- Australian Italian Lawyers Association
- Victorian Women Lawyers
Gesualda is a past Board Member of the Women’s Legal Service and Family Law Legal Service.