BCom, LLB (Hons)
Legal secretary: Amy Andrews
+61 3 8600 8885
Sam heads KCL Law’s Estate Group and practises principally in estate planning, estate administration, trusts, asset protection and estate disputes. He has provided estate planning solutions to some of Australia’s wealthiest individuals and provided advice in highly complicated and emotional estates.
Sam is also a member of the firm’s Commercial and Corporate practice, and has expertise in a wide range of business-related matters, including sales of businesses, partnerships, joint ventures and structures.
It’s his combination of law and commerce qualifications that enables Sam to advise clients and assist them in achieving their legal and commercial objectives.
In 2020, Sam was recognised as a 'leading' lawyer in the Doyle's Wills & Estates Guide, Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers — Victoria, 2020.
Sam's previous individual accolades in the Doyle's Wills & Estates Guides include:
- Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers — Australia, 2017 and 2018 (Recommended)
- Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyer — Victoria, 2017 (Leading), 2018 and 2019 (Recommended)
- Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Victoria, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 (Recommended)
To start your estate planning with Sam, click here.
Areas of practice
- Testamentary trusts
- Buy / sell agreements
- Powers of Attorney
- Protecting assets from divorce
- Superannuation and death
- Trust variations and appointments
- International wills
- Business succession
- Asset protection
- Establishment of all types
- Variations and appointments
- Disputes with executors
- Deceased estates
- Probate applications
- Letters of administration and application
- Estate administration
- TFM applications
- Supreme Court disputes
- Guardianship and administration
Law Institute of Victoria
Admitted to practice
1996 — Supreme Court of Victoria