Taslyn’s passion for the construction and building industry stems from her prior experience in project management within the health infrastructure sector. This hands-on experience has enhanced her understanding of the construction industry at large.
Before joining KCL Law, Taslyn worked at a boutique construction law firm, where she focused on advising homeowners in domestic building defects disputes, negligence claims and insurance matters. This experience has equipped her with a unique perspective, enabling her to approach cases from different perspectives, delivering innovative solutions and commercially sound advice.
Taslyn graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and was admitted to practice law in 2022. Since then, she has continually expanded her knowledge and skills to stay at the forefront of construction law developments.
Areas of practice
- Review of AS, ABIC and HIA and bespoke contracts for ‘design and construct’, ‘construct only’ and construction management
- Contract consulting/management and dispute avoidance:
Variation and extension of time (claims assessments and drafting)
Prolongation, delay and liquidated damages
Dispute procedures and other claims/assessments
- Disputes resolution including payments, delays extensions of time and building works
- Security of Payment Act
Key amendments to construction contracts
Preparing payment claims and schedules
Adjudication submissions and responses
- Supreme Court and County Court (commercial, civil, infrastructure and industrial disputes)
- VCAT (major domestic and mixed use)