BA, LLB | Accred.Spec. Wills & Estates Law
Legal secretary: Hannah Murray
+61 3 8600 0710
An Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law, Jennifer practises principally in estate litigation, estate administration, estate planning and asset protection, trusts and trust disputes, and in the charitable and philanthropic giving space.
Jennifer has handled a significant number of family provision claims and numerous estate and trust litigation cases, as well as estate and equity proceedings including cy-près applications, misappropriation claims, judicial advice proceedings and family business disputes.
Jennifer has also been appointed as a litigation guardian to protect the interests of minors or persons under a disability, the administrator of a person’s estate and the independent trustee of family trusts.
Jennifer’s clientele includes private and high-net-worth clients, trustee companies, private and public corporations, and family and business trusts.
Her practice also includes assisting families with their aging loved ones, including advising attorneys and guardians as to their duties, advising on elder law rights and disputes, advising clients on the transition to aged care, appearing at VCAT in contested administration, guardianship and elder law disputes.
Jennifer joined KCL Law as Special Counsel in July 2014 and was appointed Principal Lawyer in August 2018. She is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), The Tax Institute, Victorian Women Lawyers and Business Chicks.
Jennifer was recently appointed as a Board Member for the Charity Advisory Committee of the Fundraising Institute of Australia. She also sits on KCL Law’s Pro Bono Committee and previously volunteered for many years with community legal services.
In 2021, Jennifer was listed as a 'leading' lawyer In the Doyle's Guides, Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Victoria, 2021 and Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers — Victoria, 2021.
Jennifer's previous individual accolades in the Doyle's Guides include:
- Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Australia, 2020 (Recommended)
- Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers — Victoria, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (Leading)
- Leading Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyers — Victoria, 2018 (Recommended), and 2019 and 2020 (Leading)
To start your estate planning with Jennifer, click here.
Areas of practice
- Wills and testamentary trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Protecting estates from divorce
- International wills
- Business succession
- Buy / sell agreements and shareholders agreements
- Asset protection
- Trust variations and appointments
- Trust disputes (acting for both beneficiaries and trustees and as independent trustee)
- Vesting trusts and advice on administration
- Superannuation disputes
- Supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice
- Charitable trusts (variations, advice, cy-pres)
- Commencing Will challenges
- Defending Will challenges
- Advising executors with the administration of an estate
- Appearing in VCAT in guardianship and administration list
- Advising on aged care
- Advising on elder law issues
- Acting as administrator of a person’s affairs
- Probate applications
- Letters of administration applications
- Estate administration
- Complex applications
- International estates
- Family provision claims (including interstate)
- Advising executors with the administration of an estate, removal applications
- Advising beneficiaries as to entitlements
- Interpretation and construction of wills
- Applications to remove executors or administrators
- Acting as a litigation guardian (for minors or those under a disability)
- Representing beneficiaries interests under an estate
- Supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice as to the administration of an Estate or interpretation of a will
- Law Institute of Victoria
- The Tax Institute
- Victorian Women Lawyers
Admitted to practice
- 2003 — Supreme Court of Victoria