BA, LLB (Hons)
Legal secretary: Wendy Exon
+61 3 8600 8883
A lawyer in KCL Law’s Construction and Infrastructure team, Charrie’s practice includes working with developers, builders and contractors across the full life of a construction project, including all aspects of contract management and disputes.
Charrie takes a commercial and responsive approach to her practice, with an emphasis on risk management and early resolution of disputes (where possible), in achieving robust and commercially sound outcomes for clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Charrie worked as an insurance lawyer where she acted for government departments, self-insured licensees, and insurers across various lines of insurance. During this time, Charrie managed insurance claims and provided advice on policy and statutory interpretation, indemnity, liability, settlement options and litigation strategy.
After completing a Bachelor of Arts with Distinction and a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from Deakin University, Charrie was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in August 2018 and to the High Court of Australia in October 2019.
Charrie is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Society of Construction Law Australia, National Association of Women in Construction and Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division.
Areas of practice
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on AS, bespoke and HIA contracts for ‘design and construct’, ‘construct only’ and construction management and builder’s side deeds
- Contract management, including issue of and response to notices under contract and submissions for final payment claims
- Dispute negotiation and risk allocation
- Pre-litigation advice
- Preparing adjudication submissions under Security of Payment Legislation (Vic)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division
Admitted to practice
- August 2018 — Supreme Court of Victoria
- October 2019 — High Court of Australia