Legal secretary: Belinda Buchanan
+61 3 8600 0713
A lawyer in our Owners Corporation practice, Catherine advises and assists owners corporations, managers, committee members and lot owners on matters pertaining to owners corporation rules, owners corporation meetings, leasing and licensing of common property, common property defects and maintenance, debt recovery, property disputes and enforcement of VCAT orders. She also assists owners corporations with levy collection, the enforcement of rules and claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Catherine worked in strata management for almost 15 years where she gained a deep understanding of the owners corporation industry from first-hand experience. Catherine’s approach to her practice is to ensure the best outcome in a pragmatic and cost-efficient manner.
Catherine is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Strata Community Association – Victorian Division and Property Council of Australia – Victorian Division.
Catherine was admitted to practice in 2018, after completing a Bachelor of Laws from Victoria University. She also holds a Bachelor of Business from Bond University.
Areas of practice
- Compliance and governance
- Complaints, dispute resolution and litigation
- Common property defects, repairs and maintenance
- Debt recovery
- Leasing and licensing
- Owners Corporation Act
- Owners corporation meetings
- Owners corporation rules
- VCAT hearings and mediation
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Strata Community Association
- Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division
Admitted to practice
- 2018 — Supreme Court of Victoria