With detailed understanding of the complex issues affecting property under strata, Anton advises owners corporations, managers and their committees about the Owners Corporations Act 2006, Owners Corporations Regulations 2018 and other relevant legislation, and often attends committee meetings to provide first-hand advice in real-time. Anton also appears at VCAT in owners corporation disputes and works with owners corporations to find solutions to their problems.
Anton is also a key member of KCL Law’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. Throughout his career, Anton has focused on litigation and dispute resolution in respect of commercial transactions, negligence, trespasses, leases (both commercial and retail), property contracts, trade practice issues, owners corporations, restrictive covenants, environmental issues, adverse possession, nuisance, building disputes and insolvency matters.
Anton’s approach to litigation is entirely outcome focused. He works with the client to identify the objective of engaging in the litigation (either as Plaintiff or Defendant), to agree on a strategy to achieve that objective and then to implement that strategy. Further, as a proven problem-solver and to help clients find the solutions to their problem, Anton’s practice is enhanced by regularly acting in mediations as both an advocate and as a mediator.
Anton is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Strata Community Association – Victoria Division and Property Council of Australia – Victorian Division. An active participant in the legal and owners corporation management communities in Victoria, Anton is often invited to speak at professional education seminars where his knowledge and insights in the field are well sought after.
For his significant service to the Jewish community in Victoria, Australia, and to the law, Anton has been recognised in the King’s Birthday Honours List for 2023 and awarded as a Member (AM) in the General Division.
Areas of practice
- Strategic and relevant advice on drafting and implementing dispute resolution methods in owners corporation rules
- Advises on interpretation and application of the Owners Corporations Act to disputes
- Appears at VCAT on hearings and mediation
- Regularly attends owners corporation meetings to provide ‘on-the-go’ advice
- Drafts pleadings for VCAT hearings
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Building and construction
- Commercial lease actions
- Common law
- Contractual claims
- Debt recovery
- Franchises and licences
- Guarantees and indemnities
- Negligence actions
- Partnership and joint ventures disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Small business
- Trade practices
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Strata Community Association
- Property Council of Australia — Victoria Division
Admitted to practice
- 1996 — Supreme Court of Victoria