Legal secretary: Lisa Richardson
+61 3 8600 8895
Roger has an extensive commercial practice based on a range of transactional work. In particular, Roger works in the area of mergers and acquisitions and is regularly called upon to document and advise on commercial arrangements involving Australian and overseas clients. His client base covers a wide range of areas including manufacturing, retail and service industries.
Roger also has an extensive practice in the entertainment area and in this role he represents a range of participants in the film, television and music industry, including a number of Australia’s leading concert promoters and film distributors.
For many years he has acted for a variety of both overseas and Australian artists, working with them to resolve a range of both legal and commercial projects. Additionally, Roger has hands on experience, having acted as executive producer both in respect to television and feature film and having been involved in the planning and execution of live music and theatrical productions.
Areas of practice
- Company formation and regulation
- Intellectual property
- Licensing, distribution and agency matters
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Negotiation of commercial agreements
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Shareholder dealings
- Authors’ publishing agreements
- Composers agreements and royalties
- Concert tours, festivals and live venue documentation
- Film and television contracts
- Live theatre production, venue and investment contracts
- Music industry agreements
- Law Institute of Victoria
Admitted to practice
- 1978 — Supreme Court of Victoria