Legal secretary: Amy Andrews
+61 3 8600 8817
Paul practises principally in wills and estates, guardianship and administration, trusts and asset protection, and is experienced in advising high-net-worth families and individuals in relation to all aspects of wills, estates and trust-related matters.
Paul represents clients in litigated matters involving contested wills, estate disputes, trust disputes and breaches of fiduciary duties. He has handled a large number of contested will claims, and has been involved in numerous estate and trust litigation cases.
Paul has a special interest in guardianship and administration matters. He advises and acts in applications to VCAT and proceedings to recover assets for elderly clients and clients with a disability.
Paul joined KCL Law (then called Kliger Partners) in November 2015 as a Senior Associate, and was appointed as a Special Counsel in July 2017. Paul previously worked in a full service commercial law firm and in a large trustee company.
In the 2018 and 2017 Doyle's Wills & Estate Guides, Paul was 'recommended' in the Leading Wills and Estates Litigation Lawyer — Victoria and Leading Wills, Estates and Succession Planning Lawyer — Victoria.
To start your estate planning with Paul, click here.
Areas of practice
- Testator’s Family Maintenance claims in the Supreme Court and County Court
- Commencing and defending Will challenges
- Removal of executors
- Representing beneficiaries' interests (including minors and those under a disability)
- Advising and assisting executors
- Complex and contested probate applications
- Supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice as to the administration of an estate
- Applications to VCAT for appointment or revocation of guardians, administrators and attorneys
- Aged care and elder law issues
- Advice regarding breach of duties by attorneys and VCAT appointed administrators
- Litigation on behalf of minors or those under a disability
- Advising on discretionary, charitable and special disability trusts
- Trust variations and appointments
- Trust disputes (acting for trustees and beneficiaries)
- Supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice as trust administration
- Testamentary Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Asset protection
- Protecting estates from divorce
- Superannuation and death
- International Wills
- Business succession
Admitted to practice
- March 2007 — Supreme Court of Victoria