BA, LLB, MLabRelLaw
Legal secretary: Natalie Portelli
+61 3 8600 8829
Meaghan has over 15 years experience in all aspects of industrial relations, executive terminations, anti-discrimination law and corporate restructures. She has provided advice to a variety of clients, including those in the energy, retail, manufacturing and entertainment industries, as well as the public sector.
Prior to joining KCL Law, Meaghan worked for 10 years in the employment law area of a large international law firm and for a boutique employment law firm. Meaghan has also worked in the legal area of the Federal Department of Workplace Relations in Canberra and for the Australian Entertainment Industry Association.
Meaghan’s approach to workplace relations is to be practical and client focused. She is experienced in handling the mixture of employment law work, ranging from employment related litigation to strategic workplace relations advice. Meaghan takes into account client objectives, so that realistic commercial outcomes are reached. She often assists clients to avoid litigation, but if litigation is inevitable she is an experienced advocate and litigator.
Meaghan has a Masters in Labour Relations Law from The University of Melbourne, and was listed as a 'Recommended' Leading Employment Lawyers (Employment Representation) for Victoria in the 2017 Doyle's Guide.
Areas of practice
- Advocacy in Fair Work Australia matters
- Discrimination and adverse action issues
- Employment contracts
- Employment related litigation
- Enterprise agreements
- Executive engagements and termination
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and claims
- Good faith bargaining strategies
- Human resources policies
- Human resources aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Modern award interpretation
- Occupational health & safety
- Post-employment restraints
- Redundancies and other employee terminations
- Training and seminars on employment law
- Unfair dismissals
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Industrial Relations Society of Victoria