BA, LLB | Accredited Wills & Estates Specialist
Legal secretary: Anne Olsen
+61 3 8600 0710
Jennifer practises principally in estate litigation, estate administration, estate planning, trusts and asset protection, and has particular expertise in advising private businesses, and high-net-worth families and individuals, in relation to wealth transfer, asset protection, trusts, business structuring and succession planning. She also practises extensively in private client services, which incorporates will making, estate planning, estate litigation, trust law, attorneyship, guardianship and aged care.
Jennifer has handled a large number of family provision claims and has been involved in numerous estate and trust litigation cases, as well as a number of significant cases in wills, estate and equity matters, including cy-près applications. Jennifer has also been appointed as a litigation guardian to protect the interests of minors or persons under a disability, whose interests are affected by a will challenge.
Jennifer's clientele includes private clients, businesses, high-net-worth individuals, trustee companies, private and public corporations, private family and business trusts. Her practice also includes assisting families with their aging loved ones, including assisting and advising attorneys and guardians as to their duties, assisting with the transition to aged care and appearing at VCAT in contested administration and guardianship disputes.
An Accredited Wills and Estates Specialist, Jennifer joined KCL Law as Special Counsel in July 2014 and was appointed Principal Lawyer in August 2018. She is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Victorian Women Lawyers and Business Chicks.
In the Doyles' Wills & Estates Litigation Guide 2017, Jennifer was recognised as 'leading' lawyer in the Leading Wills and Estates Litigation Lawyer —Victoria. She was also listed in the Doyles' Wills & Estates Guide 2017 as 'Recommended' for the Leading Wills, Estates and Succession Planning Lawyers — Victoria.
Areas of practice
- Wills and testamentary trusts
- Buy / sell agreements and shareholders agreements
- Powers of Attorney
- Protecting estates from divorce
- Superannuation and death
- International Wills
- Business succession
- Asset protection
- Commencing Will challenges
- Defending Will challenges
- Advising executors with the administration of an estate
- Appearing in VCAT in guardianship and administration list
- Advising on aged care
- Advising on elder law issues
- Probate applications
- Letters of administration applications
- Estate administration
- Applications for probate or letters of administration
- International estates
- Applications to remove executors or administrators
- Acting as a litigation guardian (for minors or those under a disability)
- Representing beneficiaries interests under an estate
- Supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice as to the administration of an Estate
- Trust variations and appointments
- Trust disputes (acting for both beneficiaries and trustees)
- Applications to vary trusts
- Supreme Court proceedings for judicial advice as to the administration of a Trust
- Charitable trusts (variations and advice)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers