Legal secretary: Natalie Portelli
+61 3 8600 8825
Jacinta has over 13 years' experience in all aspects of workplace and employment law — including industrial relations, executive terminations, anti-discrimination law and corporate restructures — and both public and private practice.
Jacinta has appeared in a range of jurisdictions including the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court and VCAT, representing clients in matters, such as unfair dismissals, adverse action claims, modern award coverage, enterprise agreements, industrial disputes, occupational health and safety and contract disputes.
Jacinta enjoys engaging with clients and solving problems on a daily basis. She has advised clients in respect of contracts of employment and post-employment restraints, employee performance management and bullying, making and terminating enterprise agreements, termination of employment, including executive terminations and redundancies, transfer of business arrangements and other matters.
Jacinta has also worked across a range of industries with specific experience acting for clients within the Finance, Construction, Manufacturing and the Private Education sectors.
Jacinta joined KCL Law (then called Kliger Partners) in March 2015 and was appointed as a Special Counsel in July 2017.
Areas of practice
- Advocacy in Fair Work Commission matters
- Discrimination and adverse action issues
- Employment contracts
- Employment related litigation
- Enterprise agreements
- Executive engagements and termination
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and claims
- Good faith bargaining strategies
- Human resources policies
- Human resources aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Modern award interpretation
- Occupational health & safety
- Post-employment restraints
- Redundancies and other employee terminations
- Training and seminars on employment law
- Unfair dismissals
- Law Institute of Victoria