BSc (Chem), LLB
Legal secretary: Debra Martin
+61 3 8600 8851
A member of the Construction and Infrastructure team, Dominic acts for developers, head contractors, subcontractors and owners in both ‘front-end’ and ‘back-end’ construction and infrastructure matters, including all aspects contract management and disputes.
Dominic has experience in adjudications made under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic), and has acted for clients in all Victorian Courts and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and in relation to complaints made against construction professionals to the Victorian Building Authority.
Prior to joining KCL Law in November 2018, Dominic worked as a lawyer for a boutique construction law firm where he acted for developers, builders, contractors, owners and owners corporations. During this time, Dominic frequently appeared as the instructing solicitor in the County Court of Victoria and in the Supreme Court of Victoria and has also appeared in mediations in VCAT.
Dominic also volunteered as a paralegal and lawyer at number of community legal centres where he acted on disputes and Australian Consumer Law matters.
Dominic was admitted to practice in December 2016, after completing a Bachelor of Science where he majored in Chemistry and a Bachelor of Laws from La Trobe University.
In addition, Dominic is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Society of Construction Law Australia, HIA and Geelong Football Club.
Areas of practice
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on AS, bespoke and HIA contracts for ‘design and construct’, ‘construct only’ and construction management and builder’s side deeds
- Contract management, including issue of and response to notices under contract
- Dispute negotiation and risk allocation
- Pre-litigation advice
- Claims and responses under Security of Payment Legislation (Vic)
- Disputes under contract and at law relating to performance of and payment for works, delays, extension of time, latent conditions and acceleration of works
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Society of Construction Law Australia
Admitted to practice
- 2016 — Supreme Court of Victoria