Legal secretary: Lisa Richardson
+61 3 8600 8867
A Principal Lawyer in the firm's Commercial and Corporate practice, Darren has practised principally in commercial law since 1999. He has developed an in-depth understanding of commercial matters and brings a distinctive approach in assisting his clients with their commercial needs.
Darren acts for a diverse range of clients from small-to-medium enterprises through to publicly listed corporations. He regularly advises on business structures, transactions, contracts, terms and conditions of trade and shareholder/unitholder agreements.
Darren also heads the firm's Transport and Logistics practice and has developed an extensive client base in this area acting for stevedoring, transport (road and rail) and logistics companies (both private and publicly listed). Drawing on his commercial legal acumen, he has assisted his clients with such varied transport and logistics related matters. including:
- negotiating rail pathing access throughout Australia;
- preparation of 'pick and pack' storage and service agreements;
- preparation of both road and rail haulage agreements;
- assisting with port access agreements;
- preparation of stevedoring and related agreements;
- assisting in the sale/merger of various transport and logistics entities;
- preparation and implementation of single-source (3PL - Third Party Logistics) warehousing and distribution agreements; and
- preparation of general transport and logistics terms and conditions.
In 2007, Darren joined KCL Law (then called Kliger Partners) as a Senior Associate and was appointed to Principal Lawyer in 2014.
Areas of practice
- Business structures
- Business transactions
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advice
- Corporate advice
- Guarantees and indemnities
- Terms and conditions of trade
- Transport and logistics
- Law Institute of Victoria
Admitted to practice
- 2000 — Supreme Court of Victoria