Legal secretary: Christine Bosevska
(03) 8600 8884
Cindy is a lawyer working laterally across the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice and US group. Cindy’s dispute resolution experience spans across a variety of practice areas, including contract, insurance, consumer protection, employment, property and building and construction. She has acted for clients in a number of jurisdictions, including the Supreme Court, County Court, Magistrates Court, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Fair Work Commission.
Cindy’s US practice includes providing advice in relation to immigration, working visas and corporate structuring for both businesses operating within the US and also those looking to expand into the American market. Cindy also advises US ex-pats on a variety of estate, tax, citizenship and renunciation issues.
Born and raised in upstate New York, Cindy completed a Bachelor of Arts from Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Following her undergraduate study, Cindy worked in New York as a stock trader and later completed her Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne in 2013.
Areas of practice
- Contractual claims
- Australian consumer law
- Building and construction
- Joint ventures
- Immigration, visas, citizenship and renunciation for individuals and Australian Companies
- Legal considerations for Australian businesses entering the U.S. market
- Tax and estate planning for U.S. expats
- Enforcement of U.S. judgments in Australia
- Consumer Protection for Australians travelling abroad
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Law Institute of Victoria
- International Bar Association